Monday, March 11, 2013

Last week was Kindergarten Roundup.  As the special education teacher, this is the first time I was present in that capacity.  I have been there for my own kids as a parent.

My principal was sick.  So, that whole morning was mine.  He had a presentation ready for the information regarding our school and the forms that needed to be filled out.

I had been asked to create a presentation on Kindergarten Readiness.  First, I thought, what an overwhelming task!  Then, I did a little googling.  The task was much easier once I found a GREAT book -- The Kindergarten Readiness Guide by  Jaclyn Anne Brower.  You can find some of her ideas at www.kindergartenreadiness.net.

Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link. Early childhood education is so fascinating to me as a high school teacher and as someone thinking about starting a family in the near future. It fascinates me how these formative years and getting ready for kindergarten are so impacting on students' success through out their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have passed this on to our Bright Beginnings and Kindergarten teachers so that they can get some tips from it as well. Great idea for teachers and parents.

    ReplyDelete