Monday, March 11, 2013

Reading is so important!!

Many of the parents I work with struggle to find time to read.  I found an article on the importance of reading. I too struggle to find time.  Before I had this special education job (just last year), I did not realize the importance!!  Thankfully, my big two kids are ok :-).  They are both readers, but in different ways.  One likes books.  The other likes short stories, jokes, and online reading of articles.  Either way, they are exposed.

Here is an online article I found regarding the importance of reading -- http://everydayadventure11.blogspot.com/2011/11/10-reasons-why-reading-is-important-for.html.

Sandy

1 comment:

  1. What a great article! Thank you for sharing :) You are right- reading is SO important. I teach kindergarten and I spend close to 2 hours of instruction time each day working on reading and phonics! My goal is to get them all at grade level and to find books or other materials that are interesting to them- it looks at though you have done that with your kiddos! Great Job! :)

    ReplyDelete