Monday, March 11, 2013

Why you should read....

Many of the parents I work with struggle to find time to read.  I found an article on the importance of reading. I too struggle to find time.  Before I had this special education job (just last year), I did not realize the importance!!  Thankfully, my big two kids are ok :-).  They are both readers, but in different ways.  One likes books.  The other likes short stories, jokes, and online reading of articles.  Either way, they are exposed.

Here is an online article I found regarding the importance of reading -- http://everydayadventure11.blogspot.com/2011/11/10-reasons-why-reading-is-important-for.html.

Sandy

1 comment:

  1. It is hard for parents to find the time to read with their children; there are a variety of extracurricular activities our kids are involved with, and our job schedule doesn’t allow time. iPads, kindles, iphones, all of these are devises where children can practice their reading. Maybe while driving to a soccer practice or doing dishes, children could read using one of these devises. Parents usually multitask; they could ask questions about the passage or story while being busy with something else. Raz-kids, Spelling City, True Flix, Storia, One Minute Reader, and so many other apps new technology allows us to use to practice spelling, vocabulary, and reading fluency/comprehension.

    ReplyDelete